CPA owns one Rigid-hulled Inflatable Boat (“RIB”), purpose built for diving. A Tornado – purchased in May 2000, and used most weekends during the diving season for local diving on the South Coast. At bank holiday weekends, the Tornado is often taken further afield for camping/B&B diving expeditions.
Our RIB is a Tornado Viking 580, and at 5.8m (19ft) long is the ideal size for club use. Having been bought with the aid of a generous grant from the Foundation for Sport and the Arts, it is extremely well fitted out.
As well as all the standard fittings and safety gear, this one has:
- Yamaha F115 AETX, 115hp fuel injected 4-stroke outboard with stainless steel prop
- Honda 5HP 4-stroke auxiliary outboard
- Hydraulic steering
- 125 litre stainless steel fuel tank
- Lowrance Map2000 Chart Reader, Echo Sounder & DGPS Plotter
- ICOM M59 ruggedised VHF radio with external speaker
- Navigation lights
- Marinox diver oxygen therapy kit in waterproof case
- Snipe R17/1300 Rolloder braked heavy duty trailer c/w sealed hubs and 2-speed winch
- First aid kit, throwing line, life jacket
- Waterproof binoculars
- Full shot weight, buoy and line kit